our employees & families safe & well
Newport Solar remains committed to reducing the risk of COVID-19 exposure while still safely installing residential solar and providing energy-related services. Based on CDC guidelines we’ve adopted strict health and safety protocols and we are continuing to work with homeowners to safely purchase and install systems.
Our Responsibilities In the Office and at Customers’ Homes
“No Contact” Consultations
Newport Solar has made it easy and safe for you to consult with us. We use the phone, email, and video conferencing to easily interact with you and answer your questions. And if you need help setting up a virtual meeting, we’re more than happy to assist.
Agile Office Operations
- Our office teams are working from home with complete access to our regular systems.
- Our Project Manager (PM) works from our main facility coordinating pre-job activities with our installation crew in the morning.
- While in the office, PM + installation team meetings are 10 people or less while ensuring a 6-foot distance between staff.
- No hand-shaking and other contact greetings.
- Frequent hand washing and workstation sanitizing required.
- Sanitizing materials are widely available.
- Bathrooms and kitchen/break areas are disinfected daily.
Commuting to and from job sites
Whenever possible, we are allowing only one person per company vehicle at all times. This includes travel to and from home and to and from job sites.
Job Site Practices
Supervisors/crew leads are responsible for ensuring all employees are healthy and able to enter the warehouse or job site safely. Sick employees will be required to leave the premises immediately and return home. Anyone who is asked to leave will not return to work until 24-hours after they are free from all COVID symptoms.
The following questions are being used daily by supervisors/crew leads to assess the safety and health of their team per CDC guidelines.
- Have you, or anyone in your family/household, been in contact with a person that is in the process of being tested for COVID-19?
- Have you, or anyone in your family/household traveled outside Rhode Island within the last two weeks?
- Have you been medically directed to self-quarantine due to possible exposure to COVID-19?
- Are you having trouble breathing or have you had flu-like symptoms within the past 48 hours, including fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, runny/stuffy nose, body aches, chills, or fatigue?
In addition, we will not perform work at a residence if the homeowner or any family member is sick with any of the same symptoms listed above.
While at residences, we’re also following these procedures:
- Solar Teams will create a specific work area cordoned off with yellow safety tape.
- Specific locations & practices for daily trash collection such as paper, hand towels, food containers, etc.
- All reusable PPE (Personal Protection Equipment) sanitized per manufacturer’s recommendation before each use.
- Used PPE will be disposed of properly. Reusable and disposable gloves will be used when required and properly disposed of when no longer serviceable.
- All job site employees will be required to clean their hands often. Washing hands with soap and water is preferred and should be performed for at least 20 seconds.
- Proper cleaning and disinfecting of reusable supplies and equipment will be performed.
- Communal food is not permitted.
- All personnel will bring water in bottles or personal containers.
Engaging with Homeowners
All interactions with homeowners will be conducted with the safe distancing recommendation of at least 6’. If entry to a home is required, our employees will be masked.
- We will not accept any food/drink or other items from homeowners.
- We will respectfully decline to shake hands.
- If you or a family member are sick, we will reschedule a time to complete our work.
As Community members, friends and neighbors, we look forward to serving you safely and responsibly.
If you have any questions about the items listed above, please contact us at