National Grid offers a free home energy assessment to all Rhode Island home owners. A certified Energy Specialist will come to your home, perform the assessment, and provide a report of recommendations focused on ways your home efficiency can be improved. Click here to go to information on this program.
Participants can receive:
- Up to 75% off up to $2,750 for insulation improvements
- Rebates for energy efficient heating and hot water systems
- No-cost CFL’s, LED’s, an advanced power strip, and water saving items
- 0% interest Financing for certain qualified improvements
Common recommendation include:
- Home Air Leakage Sealing – fix leaks that let cold air in during the winter and hot air in during the summer
- Attic, Floor, and Wall Insulation – increase the insulation to reduce your heating and AC bills
- Attic Ventilation – remove heat from the attic in the summer to reduce the need for AC
- Boiler Firing Reset – turn down your boiler when the heating load is lower
- Home Heating – use an efficient heating system
- Hot Water Heating – use an efficient hot water heater
By increasing the efficiency of your Rhode Island home, you can reduce your electricity bills. Pairing an efficient home with a solar installation is a great way to reduce or eliminate your utility associated expenses.